Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cornflake Chews


Corn Flake Chewies

2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 cups light corn syrup
2 cups creamy peanut butter
12 cups of corn flakes

In a large nonstick pot heat sugar, butter and corn syrup to boiling, stirring constantly.

Take off heat and add peanut butter, stir until melted.

Add cornflakes to hot mixture and stir.

Spread in greased pan or cookie sheet.

Cut when cool.
(You can drop by round spoonfuls too, but I find it much easier to spread on a cookie sheet and cut into squares).
From Angie's Kitchen
Enjoy!


1 comment:

September said...

My names is September. I am 37 yrs old, a mother of 7 children. All my life we grew up, having "peanut butter chewies" as a special treat from my Gramma. She'd bring them over on the holidays, and birthdays, and they never lasted. Now, as a mom, these are a special treat in our home. I was looking them up on the internet, and was happy to see them a part of your blog. :)