Monday, April 11, 2011

The Art of Growing Art



I saw this article on how to make living art in the latest Sunset~Garden Anywhere magazine. It is titled "The art of growing art." I love succulents and when I saw this I knew instantly I want to try to make a piece of living art. Well, actually I fell in love with a several ideas of living art, but this is the first one I want to try and create as a masterpiece. My vision is to create a tall one and place it near my front porch and hang it under the eave on two chains. I think it will look stunning, especially with a landscaping spot light on it at night. I would be afraid to let it just lean against the house, as it might just walk away.

I watched the how to video as well and it looks rather simple and self explanatory. Now to locate the supplies to make it. I will put an ad on Craigslist to see if anyone wants to donate any succulents, as they multiply like rabbits. This will help cut down on the cost, cheap or free is always a very good deal. I am excited to plant a living picture.

2 comments:

NEW FAMILY said...

This is beautiful! I can not wait to see it on your porch! Better get to planting :)

Angie said...

I am hoping to get it done this year. We will see if I can get the succulents cheap of for free. I don't want to buy them at a store or nursery... that would be super expensive.