Sunday, December 21, 2008

Back from Vacation

Bavarian Shops and Restaurants in Leavenworth, Washington


Worldmark by Windham Resort in Leavenworth, Washington

Winter Sunset over the Cascade Mountain Range (the view from our Condo)


Sorry that I haven't blogged in a while. We just returned last night from our Winter vacation. We vacationed in Leavenworth Washington in a Condo at one of our time share destinations. We had a wonderful time and the town and festivities are remarkable. Leavenworth is a Bavarian Inspired Tourist Town. It happens to be the number 10 Christmas town to visit.

The weather in Leavenworth was snow, snow and cold. We had over a foot of snow and the temperature was any where from -4 degrees to 11 degrees. We anticipated a 6 hour drive, It took us eight hours to drive there and took us twelve hours to return home. The snow and ice was treacherous throughout the Colombia Gorge and on into Oregon until we hit Salem. We made it home just in time. We heard that they had closed down the Gorge until maybe Sunday afternoon due to the conditions. I did learn how to put on tire chains and remove them. My husband gave me a lesson (I asked him to) and we each got out and took turns on a tire each time. You never know when you might have to do this on your own.

Leavenworth was a Winter Wonderland. We went sledding everyday, we went on a horse drawn sleigh ride, went skiing, snowmobiling, shopping and dined on German cuisine. We mostly prepared our meals at the Condo, to help cut down on expenses. Yes, you can be frugal on vacation.
If you want to be invited to be able to view The Koch Family Blog and view our family photos, please leave your request on the comments. I do not post my children's photos on my Inspired Living blog as I do not want my sweet cheeks out on the Internet.

3 comments:

Star Char said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I've been to Leavenworth, but never during the winter time. It's so pretty! Glad you made it home safe & sound.

NEW FAMILY said...

These photos look like pictures from a fairy tale. I would love to go there sometime. Thanks for sharing the fun and beauty with us.

Keri Ronk said...

I just found your blog and just wanted to say how much I love Leavenworth! I live in North Carolina now with my husband who is a Marine. But when I was growing up my family lived about an hour away from Leavenworth so we used to take trips up there all the time in the winter!