Monday, January 26, 2009

Fast Food Breakfast






I have three kids that love pancakes and french toast. Sometimes, I don't have the time to get out the griddle and begin breakfast with a big mess. So I spend a morning and make up about a 100 pancakes and about 75 slices of french toast. I love this idea because I make only one big mess in the kitchen. I let them cool on a wire rack then flash freeze them on cookie sheets (this way they won't stick together, when stacked). I stack them into gallon size Ziploc bags and freeze.

Whenever I need a quick fix breakfast for my toddlers I just grab a few from the freezer and pop them into the microwave. Our preteen loves getting them and microwaving them himself. We have even taken them with us on vacation. I don't buy the frozen brands from my grocery store anymore. You see.. Mama Angie makes them with love and they are cheaper to make too.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

ive done this too. great idea. except usually when i am freezing, it is just extras from a breakfast. good idea to make lots and freeze, that way you can have the extra time.

Amanda said...

Great idea!!! I should do this. My toddler LOVES pancakes. she would eat them all day if she could.

I'm going to make a huge batch and freeze them!