Monday, October 13, 2008

Recipe Ratings

Well, last week I tried two new recipes. The Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza was really good. The homemade pizza crust was really easy too. On half of the pizza I added thinly sliced zucchini, minced red onion and diced tomatoes. I heated up the leftovers on my new pizza stone from pampered chef and served it at my Friday Coffee Gathering for Brunch. It was a big hit and the kids loved it too. My husband and pre-teen said that they would prefer a tomato based sauce rather than the garlic ranch sauce. Too each their own. I loved it as did my girl friends.

The Chicken Spaghetti was wonderful. It made three meals for our family and I froze one of them for later. I mashed it up a bit and it made wonderful baby food. However, even though it sounds light, it was pure comfort food and was probably loaded with tons of calories. Hence the sharp cheddar cheese, Velveeta, cream of chicken soup and pasta, if you get my drift. I would like to find a way to make it lighter, healthier and cheaper.

This weeks new recipes are Quiche Tartlets and Penne Pasta with Italian Sausage Links, peppers, onions and fresh canned tomatoes.

No comments: