Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just the beginning of Canning Season


Here is the view of my kitchen during canning season. I had awoke in the early morning dawn to can tomatoes and to get a jump start before my sweet cheeks awoke from their slumber. Before starting my second batch, I took a moment and looked around my kitchen and saw my first batch of tomatoes cooling and the empty jars lined up waiting to be filled with more nourishing food. When... pure joy and happiness warmed my heart. I grabbed my camera and snapped a couple photos, so I can look back on the moment that gave me such joy for my hard work I had been enduring for the love of my family. I can't wait to taste those tomatoes this Winter and savor the flavor of love and joy.
My kitchen is the heart of my home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm very jealous that your kiddos will stay asleep while you can. Mine seem to wake up if I so much as breathe. lol

Amanda said...

I have a really great recipe that my great grandma got from her aunt. it is for squash relish. we make it every summer. It is a sweet relish and we practically eat it out of the jar...yummy! If you want the recipe, let me know!

amandahoney1@hotmail.com

It is a great way to use all of that squash from the garden! WE love it!