Thursday, September 18, 2008

Homemade Baby Food

Homemade baby food is so easy to make and less expensive for your budget. This happens to be pears that I did one day a few months ago. Now, since my little sweet cheek is 9 months old, I am combining veggies with protein like chicken and turkey and adding brown rice. I love these trays with lids so I can stack them in the freezer. You can use a hand held immersion blender, the magic bullet or a baby food mill to puree to the consistency that you need for your sweet cheeks.

When the baby food is frozen solid I just pop them out of the trays and put them in Ziploc bags and label them. It is really simple to do and I know how fresh and nutritious the food is. I have to confess, I do have organic baby food in jars on hand when we are traveling for convenience.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Good idea! I was planning on doing homemade baby food also (well when the time comes)! Where did you get your magic bullet? I need to get something like that.

Angie said...

I got mine at Walmart. However they also have them at costco. They might be cheaper.

Amanda said...

I'm really into making homemade baby food. my favorite website is

www.wholesomebabyfood.com they have a TON of recipes!

I also use ice cube trays. They work great! I use the kidco electric food processor. works great!