Monday, September 1, 2008

Momma's going out

Tonight was girls night out and four of my dear friends and I went out for a little bargain shopping and late night dinner. First stop was to Value Village thrift store for their Labor Day Sale of 50% off everything in the store. I got there a little after 7pm which was even better because green tags were 70% off, from 7-9 PM.

I am picky on items and they must be in very good condition (like new) in order for me to purchase them. I was on the prowl for winter clothes for my two little sweet cheeks. Looking for size 2t /3t and 9m/12m. I came home with two bags stuffed full for less than $27.00 I saved about $40.00, not bad. Well my guess would be I actually saved almost $200.00 That's if I would have purchased them brand new at the department stores.

I found some darling dresses, dress shirts, sweater vests, slacks, denim jeans, corduroy skirts and swim suits for both of my sweet cheeks. Some items were brand new with tags still on them. Really good quality clothes and nice brands like Carters, The Children's Place, Baby Gap, and Old Navy. I even found a nice (Karen Scott) red casual wear knit jacket for myself.

Last stop was Dinner at Applebee's for their late night special, 1/2 price appetizers. What fun, I sure enjoyed our girl talk and laughter. Every stay at home mom needs a night out with the girls once in a while to keep our sanity. Thanks Dear Hubby for encouraging me to go and have fun and for taking care of our sweet cheeks. There are left overs in the fridge.

No comments: